Wild animals enter your residential and commercial premises by damaging the fascia boards, vents or screens. It can be a very stressful experience for an individual when they find wild animal gets into their building. So, Avid Pest Services is here to help you.
For the past 20+ years, we have been serving our clients with an environmentally-friendly and cost-effective solution for wildlife in Hamilton, Burlington, Grimsby, Niagara and surrounding Ontario region.
Common Wild Animals That Can Invade Your Home
Raccoons usually explore or break into garbage cans or dumpsters in search of food. Being great climbers, they can easily enter through the attics of homes. They cause some of the following damages:
- Breaking into the attic & setting up a nest
- Crawling chimney to live there
- Kill and eat birds, decorative fishes and chickens
- Digging up yards
Skunks are mostly known for their unpleasant odor. When they are threatened, they release fluid from ducts near the anus. It can burn your eyes, but it helps skunks in protecting themselves from humans and other animals. This odor is the main reason why skunks are not easy to handle on your own, and one should prefer to call wildlife removal professionals.
- Buildup guano (bat poop) inside your attic, chimney or walls
- Discharge odor when available in a large number
- Cause health issues such as histoplasmosis and rabies
Bats choose the warm, dry place that is high enough off the ground and enable them for flight clearance. So, your attic can be perfect.
Squirrels love to live in attics of your home. Once they have found an attic near the roof will begin to chew their way inside to make a nest. Due to their fast running quality, they are not easy to catch, but they are necessary to control because they can:
- Cause fire risk by chewing electrical wires
- Eat garden plants, bird seeds and more
- Chew on the wood of a house, shed or porch